- Licensed Land Surveyor No. 8184, California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- California Land Surveyors Association, Member of Northern California Chapter
Josh Martin, L.S.
Surveying & Mapping
Josh Martin has 20 years of experience as a land surveyor on private and public sector projects throughout California, Oregon, Washington and Georgia. Josh’s career began in Oregon and Washington where he worked as a Survey Technician/Party Chief for the firm of Tomkins Land Surveying performing various types of surveys including Cadastral, ALTA, boundary and construction surveys. Josh continued to build his land survey knowledge and experience as a Survey Coordinator with the firm of Prime Engineering in Atlanta, Georgia where he coordinated four survey crews throughout the greater Atlanta metropolitan area.
Josh joined SDS in 2005 where he has served as the Survey Manager responsible for oversight of all field surveys, preparation of final maps, records of survey, ALTA/ATSM land title surveys, topographic, boundary and right-of-way surveys and all aspects of construction staking. Josh has also been instrumental in guiding SDS into leading edge technology including utilizing robotic stations and GPS systems.
University of California, Santa Barbara, College of Letters and Science, Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and Urban Planning, 1996
- Subdivision Map Act Workshops
- Legal Principles of Easements
- ALTA/ACSM Survey Workshop
- CEQA Basics: Understanding the California Environmental Process
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Training Course
- AutoCAD and MapCAD Skills Workshops
- Leadership Development and Team Building
- PSMJ Project Management Bootcamp
- Redding Youth Soccer League Coach, 2015
- Professional Development and Community Awareness Lecture Series