Who We Are
Sharrah Dunlap Sawyer, Inc. has been consulting Northern California since 1965.
We’ve earned excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies, contractors, and the north state business community over the years. Because of this, we know the economic, environmental, and regulatory challenges that impact projects in our state and, more specifically, the north state. Our team of professionals use their technical expertise, local knowledge, and connections to provide sustainable cost-effective design solutions with the client’s best interests in mind.
Our survey department uses state of the art equipment to produce surveys and maps for projects of all sizes. Our expertise includes:
- Topographic and boundary surveys
- Elevation certificates and flood surveys
- ALTA/ASCM land title surveys
- Property line adjustments
- Parcel maps
- Subdivision maps
- Easement preparation, research, and analysis
- Construction staking to establish horizontal and vertical control for construction projects.
Civil engineering is the backbone of our operation. Our engineers find solutions to whatever engineering challenges your project may face. We specialize in:
- Feasibility studies
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
- Regulatory permitting
- Grading and drainage design
- Water and storm water design
- Roadway and utility design
- Retaining walls and sound walls
- Bid and construction administration
- SWPPPs (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans)
Our land planners are an integral part of the SDS team and specialize in the planning process from preliminary concepts to finished designs for properties of all sizes. The submittal and processing of tentative maps, tentative parcel maps, and use permits through city and county planning departments can be complex; our planning staff understands this and is experienced in navigating our clients through the process. From single parcels to master-planned communities, we take pride in producing sustainable and efficient designs that result in successful projects and satisfied clients.
We offer a wide variety of presentation graphics from the entitlement process to marketing, we provide illustrative graphics to accurately and attractively convey the vision you have for your project.